Friday, November 25, 2011

A Very Different Thanksgiving Day

Today was a thanksgiving like none before! When I was little we always went to my Grandparents on Thanksgiving day. Then we began going there the Saturday before, and still do that. Because of that change my dad started cooking a big meal here and my siblings, their spouses and I would gather here. Today, though, my dad went to have lunch with his girlfriend and her family. He is cooking his big meal tomorrow. So my sister made a ham with all the yummy sides, and I walked next door to join them and my brother. My brother in law made a pallette on the floor for me since I can't really sit up long at all. We had a great time talking and laughing, and watching my 5 year old neice and 2 1/2 year old nephew play together. They don't see each other often because my brother lives in Oklahoma. But they love playing together, and wear one another out. I love listening to their laughter as they chase each other. I am so thankful for both of them. And for my very different, but fun thanksgiving day. :)

Praise God for the wonderful blessings He has given me.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment