Saturday, November 26, 2011

Through The Chaos Called Life...

Wow! Did today just really happen like that? Yeah, it is after 1am, but since I haven't been to sleep yet, it is still Friday to me. Today...was interesting. To say the least.

I woke about nine in pretty severe pain in my back, left hip and leg..and also to the sound of two kids running up and down the hallway, both giggling, and one screaming whenever he felt like it. To be honest, the screaming was making me want to pull my hair out one strand at a time. It irritated me even more that my brother was sitting in the living room doing nothing about it. Of course, I am unsure why I thought he would, he has never disciplined his son here, yet claims to at home. I'm doubtful. My neice on the other hand does get disciplined because my sister and brother in law thankfully have rules and expectations for her to follow.

As the day went on, I grew increasingly more irritated by the screaming, but knew I couldn't really say anything. I was in my room most of the day anyhow because I have hurt so much today. I just felt bad for my neice because I know it is confusing for her when she is told not to do something, yet her cousin can still do it. At the same time, I must commend my sister and brother in law for being consistent in their discipline of her. That speaks volumes to me about their parenting abilities (this coming from the lady with no kids of her own). :)

Later in the day my brother in law went up into the attic to hook up a tv for my room. His foot slipped off a beam and he sort of fell through the ceiling in the living room. There is a fairly good size hole that he temporarily patched up. The main concern to me, and I know to my sister was if he was injured. And thankfully, aside from some scrapes, he is perfectly fine. My dad is ticked, as if my brother in law purposefully fell through the ceiling. Geez! :/ Weird!

Then my brother blamed my 5 year old neice for "allowing" his 2 1/2 year old son to climb the attic ladder. As if it is her responsibility to watch him?! Seriously, dude, get a life! That makes me sad. I guess, in a way, I had grand illusions that things were different, because yesterday went so well. I should have known, though. This always happens.

I am supremely thankful that even through all the chaos..God still loves me. :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment