Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Count Your Many Blessings...

I am blessed beyond words! God has given me these trials for a reason, and although I do not know the reason why, I know they are needed. I am learning so much and growing stronger in my faith daily. For so long I was afraid to completely trust God. But since I confessed my fears to Him, and asked for help in trusting Him more fully, I am overwhelmed at the way He is blessing me!

When I was first "stuck" in bed, I asked God to show me what I could do to help others while in bed. The answer I kept getting was to pray. I didn't like that answer, at first. But once I opened myself to it and began asking friends and family how I could specifically pray for them...amazing things have been happening! In their lives and my own. I have seen prayers answered quickly. I have witnessed the miracle of a family member's cancer simply not being there anymore without medical treatment. Only God can do that!! And in my own life...i have a much healthier prayer life and my faith has increased because of seeing God working in their lives. Every single day I am awed by God's power!

And I know, that even though I am suffering, I am still able to witness to others and be a blessing to friends and family.

"May the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you." - 1 Peter 5:10

Meditate on that a while. It is astounding! :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment