Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Many Things To Be Thankful For

Today isn't Thanksgiving. It is Thanksgiving Eve. So some people wonder why I go on about what I am thankful for, when it isn't "the day" to be thankful. And I find that to be silly! We should have an attitude of gratitude every day, not just one day a year! I have been posting daily on FB something I am thankful for, and I am a little bummed that November is almost over, so those posts will stop. However, it has changed me inside, and I have a much more thankful spirit because of it. I plan to still post what I am thankful for. It may or may not be daily, and it may or may not be in the same form. I have yet to decide. However, I felt the desire to post a list of things I am thankful for here, as they come to mind. Who knows how long or short it will be. So, here goes!

I am thankful for...
1. My God who sent His son to die for my sins, and the sins of all the world.
2. The love and grace Jesus extends to me daily.
3. The answered prayers and miracles I have witnessed.
4. Forgiveness that only God could provide!
5. Continued blessings from God.
6. My sister who is wise beyond her years, and who has always been there for me in times of trouble.
7. My beautiful neice who is full of love, laughter, and sunshine. She rocks my world! :)
8. Almost 18 years with the best mom ever! She taught me so much, and shaped who I am today. I love you and miss you, Mom!
9. Loving Grandparents who taught me how to live for Christ.
10. My great aunt, Rayme, who has always been there for me and prayed for me even when I turned my back on her.
11. Teachers and college professors that truly cared if their students succeeded.
12. My all time best friend, who despite the miles that seperate us always makes sure I know she cares. :)
13. All my other friends who have taught me how to trust again.
14. The promise beautiful rainbows bring.
15. A sky full of bright stars.
16. The way a full moon lights your way in the dark.
17. The miracle of how leaves change colors in the Fall.
18. The magnificent colors displayed in a sunrise and sunset, and how no two are the same.
19. The privilege of reading the Bible to my neice.
20. The opportunity to work in a christian environment with my cousin.
21. The calm I feel in a warm bath!
22. The freedom to worship my God how I want, where I want, and when I want.
23. The privilege to teach young children during their formative years.
24. The gift of the Bible!
25. The awesome task of sharing Christ with others

I will stop there, for now. Yet this is in no way a complete list. I would write for the rest of my life if I tried to make an exhaustive list. Have you thought about what you are thankful for?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment